Also known as User Created Content, UGC is made using videos, text, audio, and images, as posted by users on online platforms like wikis and social media. This “user-generated content” is one concept, which is referring to enter mainstream usage within the mid-2000s. This idea is now taking the new media content to a complete height. There are various application areas of the user-generated content. It is used for wider application ranges, including news, entertainment, research, gossip, problem processing, and advertising, to name a few.
In the year 2005, the BBC adopted this style of content for its websites. Then later, in 2006, TIME Magazine referred to the rise of UGC production on the web 2.0 platforms. CNN even didn’t lag behind and came up with such content platforms. So, all these points are enough to prove that right from its inception, user-generated content has a stronghold over the world of internet and is now becoming a strong point of social media platforms as well.
Get the chance to promote authenticity and gain trust:
Recent studies show that consumers will view user-generated content 2.4 times more than the brand based content because of their authenticity levels. So, now the brands will receive major credibility boost as most brands create the worst content possible.
- Moreover, creating trust is another major reason behind the high-end popularity of user-generated content these days. Whether it has to do with service, any experience, or products, consumers will always want to know more about it in detail before purchasing.
- Around 30% of the youngsters will check out the location and the items well before finally visiting the spot. They won’t even look for the services twice if the content fails to appeal to them.
- Everything revolves around trust. Around 92% of the customers will trust recommendations from people they know personally. Another 70% will trust consumer opinions online. You will learn about the statistics in detail from Gramista now.
- So, it is vital for the companies to share customer testimonials, as those are raw and real, regarding their items or services with UGC on social media platforms like Instagram. This simple step will help boost the trust of followers in the brand and its items.
UGC is a life-saver for so many companies:
At this present moment, followers and prospective customers find it hard to get to the real deal as they are completely drowned in sales pitches and multiple marketing messages. During this stage, you can’t deny the importance that UGC has in store for you. It is true that brand bonuses like trust and increase in audience interaction are good calls, but that’s not all. You should remember that around 25% of the search results are well intertwined with UGC, according to some of the largest brands in town!
So, it isn’t hard to state that user-generated content is the main goal for gaining ultimate sales, traffic, and engagement.
One follower-friendly way:
One study from Sprout Social indicates that around 57% of the social users cited an issue with way too many promotions, which leads them to un-follow the brands. Self-promotion all the time is one way to drop off the current follower’s count. It is true that you got followers before they were attracted to your brand. Now, you need to focus on some tactful ways to regain their presence throughout.
UGC to increase user interaction and engagement:
In terms of traditional marketing, there is one way to follow, and that is to pass information from brands to marketers. Then came social media marketing which allowed the users to engage with the marketing campaigns. Finally, it is time to welcome user-generated content, which will take interaction and engagement to a whole new level.
- Thanks to UGC marketing, engagement result is at its maximum strength. Here, users will be called upon to create content, engage with campaigns, and interacting through gamification and responses.
- User engagement remains the main metric that marketers will target. The user engagement level will now define the main path towards conversions.
- Moreover, UGC can also help address two-way communications. It helps to create user gratification, build a proper relationship, and reward some major opportunities and so much more.
Better use of UGC using simple tips:
There are some simple and effective ways in which you can use UGC for your brand growth. Some of the major tips are listed below for your assistance.
- Make sure to check out your tags.
- Then you better work to create a proper hashtag. Proper hashtags can lead to better results.
- Once done, it is time to repost and then provide credits.
- Make sure to repost content fast before the Story moves away after 24 hours.
- Unless you are one huge brand, you won’t receive an influx of UGC. So, you have to ask for it.
Best user-generated contents on Instagram:
Once you are well-aware of the UGC importance, it is time to shift your focus towards some of the brands, which are killing the user-generated content marketing best on Instagram. Some of the best examples here to watch out for are The UPS Store, Aerie, Buffer, Wayfair, IBM, and so much more.
It isn’t hard for you to address UGC for your business once you are well-aware of the steps to follow. Once done, things can gladly turn to work in your favor. The more you research, the better you get to know about it.
Also we suggest social media marketing secrets you shouldn’t ignore. These will be helpful for you.